Monday, March 30, 2009

5K

I'm going to be running another 5K in April. I ran this same one 2 years ago. It's amazing to see all these little kids and old farts zooming past you like you were ankle deep in molasses. They post your time on the internet. I came in 333/1540 overall & 64/175 for my gender/age bracket. No kid under 10 beat me. However, in the 10-14 range, 8 boys and 3 girls beat me. The fastest boy in that range not only beat me, he killed it by 6 whole minutes! Also, 7 runners over 60 beat me. Grandpa had enough time to complete his crossword puzzle AND put on his sweater before I finished!

This year I know I can do a little better. I'm hoping to shave at least 3 minutes off. My goal is to try to crack the Top 100...and trip some of those damn rug rats while I'm at it!

No comments: